Sarah E. Kennedy
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Estates - Planning, Probate, & Litigation 50%
- Property Law 15%
- General Civil Litigation 15%
- School Law 10%
- Other 10%
Sarah E. Kennedy is a Partner with Estes & Kennedy Law Offices PLLC, and she concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, real property, and litigation involving estate disputes, real property, construction and personal injury.
Sarah is a native of McMinn County, Tennessee. Because she loved the community she grew up in, Sarah knew that coming back to her roots to practice law would provide her with the most worthwhile and rewarding career. Not only does she get to work with many of the people she grew up with, but her practice allows her to build and develop lasting relationships with fellow community members.
Early in her career, Sarah had the opportunity to handle several unique and complex cases involving estate litigation that has helped her develop a wealth of experience in the areas of probate and estate planning.
Sarah completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, graduating magna cum laude and with highest university honors, with a degree in biological sciences. She received her Juris Doctorate degree, with honors, from the University of Tennessee College of Law in Knoxville, Tennessee, where she was a member of the Tennessee Law Review and served as an Executive Editor.
Sarah is actively involved in McMinn County. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Athens Area Council for the Arts and the McMinn County Education Foundation. She is a Past-President of the McMinn-Meigs County Bar Association, of which she is still a member. She is also a member of the Tennessee Bar Association.
She is licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Tennessee and all State Courts in Tennessee.
In her free time, Sarah and her husband, Ben (also a McMinn County native), spend much of their free time hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and traveling.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- B.S. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Highest Departmental Honors & Brock Scholar
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Tennessee, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2013
- TN Supreme Court, Legal Intern, 2009 to 2010
- TN Valley Authority, Contract NEPA Specialist, 2010 to 2011
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2009
- National School Board Association – Council of School Board Attorneys, Member, 2013 to Present
- McMinn-Meigs Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer, 2012 to 2013
- Tennessee School Board Association, Member, 2012 to Present
Current Employment Position